Friday, September 30, 2011

Bedroom Remodel ~ Are We There Yet?

As I mentioned recently, we've decided to remodel our daugher Isabella's bedroom since she hasn't had a change since she turned three and got into the big-girl bed.  She's now ten (and a half!) and she's showing an interest in Paris and pink with touches of black.  I figure the black will make it last into her teen years and won't seem too young then.  Here are some before and after pictures.  Beware:  the before pictures show quite a messy room as she had started letting it go before we took everything out.  I'm almost embarrassed to let you see them.  There are some with old decor and some with just a stripped down room.  As you can see over her bed she already had the Paris itch a while ago and painted that sweet canvas with the Eiffel Tower and charming blue trees.


















Here are two I took right after we tore off the oak stained woodwork prior to putting up new white woodwork.  The carpet was already ripped out and the blue stuff you see on the floor is the underlayment for the wood laminate soon to go up. 


Here she is helping Daddy caulk the crown moulding before it gets painted. She can be a great helper. Sometimes.


Finally, the wood laminate floor is going in and she helped with almost the whole thing. 


The floor is finally finished! We're making progress...


Stay tuned for the finished product in a few days.  I'm excited to show you how it's all turned out.  I also can't wait to get her out of our bed--she's a kicker and an elbower (even gave me a bloody nose once in the middle of the night--seriously).

Thanks for visiting and bearing with the long post today.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, It looks like all is going well with the remodelling! I bet your daughter is really excited. Looking forward to seeing the new room when its done! Happy Weekend! Wini xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Wini. She really is excited and they will be working on it while I'm at an art show today--darn--I can't be there to help paint the walls ;)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! The flooring choice is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the room! Neat pictures of the process and all of the hard work that went into it. I am adding your blog to my google reader page. :) Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jenny. The major stuff is done but no curtains and haven't hung pictures yet so I can't do the official "after" pictures. Glad you stopped by!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...