Monday, October 3, 2011

See ya Bright Eyes

Me and my paintings were in a craft show this past Saturday at an area church (I know--bad grammar).  Long story, short:  craft fairs aren't my thing.  I need to stick with art shows.  But I did sell one of my newest paintings called "Bright Eyes" and I was actually sad to see her go.  She went to a good home--a girl my daughter knows who already owns another of my giraffe paintings--so I'm glad this seventh-grader Hailey was thrilled to get her. 



However, I just finished her (Bright Eyes) about a week before and didn't have her sitting around very long before she was sold.   I really was proud of her and giraffes are my favorite animal, so it just felt weird to get rid of her so quickly! 

Do you know what I mean?  I know she's just a painting, but it was hard, believe it or not.  Have you ever created a piece of art that was ultimately for sale, but it was hard to let it go? 

I guess maybe this is telling me I need to create more giraffes?  Hmmmm....

Thanks for visiting today and I hope you're having a good week.  We're having amazing fall weather in Wisconsin all week--the 70s--so I'm looking forward to enjoying these days before the cold finally sets in for good.

4 comments:

  1. Well...since I only just sold my first painting today, I haven't had a lot of experience with this emotion. The one that did sell I can't say I'm sad to see it go, but it had hung on our wall for about a month and I do kind of miss seeing it there. I will say, that I have a couple that I haven't listed for sell in my shop because I'm not ready to see them go. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,
    The background in this is wonderful and I feel like I could just rub her soft nose!!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your giraffes..the colors and background are great. I think you should also paint some more....they are pretty unique!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Julie! I do love giraffes. Yes, I should paints some more--the two I've done have sold so they must be good for me to create.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...