Thursday, May 19, 2011

Paper Star Nights

About five years ago I found this quote on a bulletin board in the waiting room of a doctor's office and just had to copy it down.

"Under paper star nights
we take walks for
ice cream cones
and listen to the songs
of crickets in their
hiding places."

There's just something about the summer night imagery here that makes me feel like ahhhhh.  I picture a dark night, full of stars, walking under big leafy trees with someone I love and hearing those beloved crickets, the only sound around. 

I did a painting/collage with this quote and sold two paintings (but with slightly different backgrounds) right away.  It must have been just as powerful an image to the buyers as to me.  I just finished another one called "Paper Star Nights III" and hope it draws someone else in as well.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...