Thursday, February 7, 2013

February Love...Giraffes



Not sure what it is about them, but giraffes are my favorite animal and I hope to travel to Africa someday to be close to them in person.  There is a resort called Giraffe Manor where the giraffes roam the property and according to the website, they even poke their heads in the building to say hello.

above photos:  Giraffe Manor website

I'll be honest, I do worry that it will be hard to accomplish financially, but I truly think it will be an amazing experience connecting with these beautiful and peaceful creatures.  Maybe this needs to be a "formal" goal in which I make a serious plan to get there by a certain date instead of assuming it won't happen!

© Jill's Dream Artwork
I've also used giraffes as a few of my painting subjects and one is actually licensed with the company Oopsy Daisy Art for Kids which is a huge honor.  Her name is "Bright Eyes" and the original is hanging in the bedroom of a sweet girl named Haley who also adores giraffes.

Lastly I have to share this goofy-looking little baby giraffe that puts a smile on my face anytime I see her.
photo source:  http://www.omgsocute.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Baby-Giraffeased.jpg
Isn't she sweet?  What would you name her if you could?


4 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! I'd name her Hot Lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot Lips--crazy name for sure Ann! For some reason I love naming animals...still not sure what I'd name her, but I tend to like Daisy for giraffes--named Bella's first stuffed giraffe Daisy. Thanks for popping in.

      Jill

      Delete
  2. She looks like a Jillie-Bean to me! Love your work...as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Rae that's a great name:) That is actually one of my nicknames from a friend I used to work with!

      Thank you for your sweet words and stopping by.

      Jill

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...