Thursday, November 29, 2012

Snowman Love!

I live in Wisconsin, always have, but I'm not a fan of snow.  EXCEPT...in December!  If we don't have a white Christmas I'll admit I'm pretty sad--really sad to be honest.  Even though I'd prefer to live by the Caribbean Sea, I love snowmen.  Chubby, white, fun...I love painting them too.  I also work in a school, so of course I always am holding out for a snow day!  Since I've been painting snowmen for a few years and these past few days I thought they'd be a perfect subject for a blogpost.  December is a day away, so snow should be coming soon.

Here are a few 3x3 canvases I recently painted and can be used as ornaments.  They really are fun subjects to paint!

© Jill's Dream Artwork

This one is called "Our First Snowfall" and I painted it last year I believe.  I love their sweet hats!

© Jill's Dream Artwork

I just sent this one to an old friend from grade school who now lives in South Carolina - she must miss the snow!  This one is called "Angels we have Heard on High."


This is one of my favorite photos of winter a few years ago - Isabella and I had a snow day together and built this snowman.  Well, temps changed, she started to melt backwards, then froze again, just like that.  She stayed that way for about a week--it was great!  We said she was doing yoga.




This was our first snowfall of 2009 and our dog Mazie's first experience with snow-what fun!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Even though I'm not a cold weather fan, I found myself smiling and looking back fondly on these wintery memories.




4 comments:

  1. Sweet snowmen. I have fondest memories of building snow,en with my son and dogs too! I so enjoyed your story pn I'm a late bloomer. I hope art conti ues to be a healing force for you. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corrine! Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you found we have something in common:)

      Jill

      Delete
  2. Oh, Jill, that snowman gave me the biggest smile ever!!! And your sweet puppy looks like she is in heaven!
    Thanks so much for your kind words, they mean a lot.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn!

      It's nice to hear from you:) That was a great year - I actually think I should frame that snowman pic to put out every winter just to put a smile on my face too.

      Jill

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...