Monday, November 19, 2012

So Very Grateful

Thanksgiving is only a few days away and I of course am thinking of all I have to be grateful for.  I actually think about that everyday to be honest, but I thought sharing them in a post would be a great reminder of all the gifts I have.

My colorful, creative, loving, caring and sparkling girl Isabella.  She brings so much joy into my days.

Amazing, fun and supportive, life-long friends...friends since grade school - priceless for sure.

Being interviewed for a local magazine called 30 West - yay!


Achieving one of my goals of having my artwork for sale in a "real" shop, the Waxwing in Shorewood.

A new sweet little niece Cora born this August. 

Attending the Bloom True Artist Retreat by Flora Bowley this September (another item I had on my list of dreams and goals for this year).

Of course I have tons more to be thankful for, like my eye sight, the beautiful sky, my cozy house, my creative community of friends, etc. but these are just a few that stood out from 2012.

I found this great quote yesterday while reading the book Daring Greatly by Brene Brown and I'll leave you with this:  
"It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful" 
by Brother David Steindl-Rast.

What are some of the things you are grateful for from the past year?  I'd love to hear them--it always makes my heart full to hear what others are thankful for.  

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you have a wonderful holiday!






9 comments:

  1. Congratulations for the interview and for your daughter and niece! You are very creative, I am following you from Rome. I will tell my mom www.saucysiciliana.blogspot.com to follow you too.

    www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caramella - how did you find me? Hello to you in Rome:)

      Jill

      Delete
  2. Good stuff happening in your life Jill! I'm grateful and thankful every day too. And having you as a friend is one of the things I'm thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann I am also so grateful for having a great friend like you in my life - things have changed for the better since we've connected. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Jill

      Delete
  3. You definitely had a fullfilling year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post Jill! So great to hear that you have much to be thankful for, and I love the photo of you with your paintings. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia but I wish we did. What a beautiful occasion! This year I am grateful to have the opportunity to pursue my art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Wini - I too am so grateful to create art!

      Jill

      Delete
  5. Hi, I'm dropping by from The Late Creative Bloomers... saw your post there today which lead me to here. I love this post. So much to be grateful for. I enjoyed reading that you went to Flora Bowley's Retreat this fall. I just signed up last evening for her e-Class starting in January. I can't wait. I hope you found it to be everything you expected and more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne! Thanks for stopping by:) I hope you enjoy Flora's e-class - be ready to paint some big stuff! It was a dream come true to paint with her in person for sure.

      Jill

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...