Friday, December 7, 2012

It's Beginning to look a lot like...

Sorry if it sounds cliche, but "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" around here (well except that we haven't had any snow yet).  My little Christmas decorations are some of my favorite items around the house...they have charm, sparkle, memories and a touch of sweetness.  I'd like to share some recent pictures I've taken as I've started decking the halls at home.

This is a picture of Isabella on her first Christmas - such a little sweetie pie - she only had her bottom two teeth then - a great memory.


Giraffes are my favorite animal - this is a wooden carved one from a local German shop.  Every December I add a red ribbon to brighten her up.  


I typically like sparkly and bright, but I couldn't resist this rustic and simple burlap stocking from another of my favorite shops called Harvest Home.  I added a little evergreen twig to make it come to life a bit.





The above three are close-ups of parts our fireplace mantel.  Aside from the tree, the mantel is my favorite thing to decorate. I do love having a natural fireplace during the cold weather - so cozy.


Here's a painting I've been working on just to hang up during winter.  It sort of represents Shane, Isabella and myself, three snow people holding our twig hands.  I might have a few more things to add, but it's almost finished.

Thanks for taking a little tour of some of my holiday decorations.  We're chopping down a tree tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll be sharing pics of the tree and my favorite ornaments in a few days as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...