Friday, September 19, 2014

My REAL Studio Table

Seth Apter of The Altered Page wants artists to share their our REAL work spaces, our studio table. Not ones that are professionally decorated to appear in issues of published magazines, but the messy, cluttered, so-many-different-projects-going-on studios.

During the warm weather months typically May through September I luckily paint in my sunroom.  It has tons of windows and the birds are singing and flying right outside.  I love it.  Since we had a quick drop in temperature here in Wisconsin, I moved back into our office earlier than normal. Here's my studio/home office where I create.

Working in a small art journal here...no big canvases going on right now.


It's not a big space because the other half of the room has a huge IKEA desk with my scanner, printer and the area where we pay bills, etc.  But I am lucky that I have this amount of space and I sit right in front of the window.  I'll be honest it doesn't get much light which I really need, but at least it does have a window, right?  Thanks for visiting and taking a peek into my studio!



6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this peek on your workdesk - and indeed, having a window and light on your table (and some inspiration) is really all an artist needs. Have a nice weekend and happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Marit! I do feel lucky for having the window in front of me for sure!

      Jill

      Delete
  2. Well-loved and used work spaces tend to look just like what they are! Thanks so much for sharing yours! Stay warm! Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say it is a well-loved space for sure- I've found a whole new happiness painiting in my own cozy space! Thanks for stopping by!

      Jill

      Delete
  3. So much color! I love the sweet window. What great light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Thanks for stopping by! I do love having a window in front of me while I paint for sure!

      Jill

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...