Friday, July 6, 2012

Sweet Summertime - ATC Swap

Last year about this time if I saw the letters ATC I had no idea what they meant.  No clue.  Well, now they have been part of my life and my vocabulary for over 6 months I think.  An amazing group of artists whom I now call friends and I pick a theme each month and create little ATC's or artist trading cards and swap them with each other. Here are the four I created for the month of May "May flowers."  We typically create three to be traded and one extra for the sweet hostess.
Here are just a few from some past swaps that I've received from these friends from around the whole country.  They are sweet, inspirational and full of the heart of the person who made them - it's nice to have little keepsakes from these people who share a love of creating with me.

For July I'm the hostess and I picked the theme "sweet summertime" - I just love how those two words go together.  They make me think of lazy afternoons reading in a hammock under a shade tree...humid nights sitting outside in the dark watching the fireflies and the full moon...juicy watermelon...splashing in a pool...ice cold lemonade out on the patio...hearing the cicadas buzzing in the afternoon heat.  What is something that makes summer sweet to you?

I hope you're finding little ways to enjoy this season and have a sweet summertime too.

8 comments:

  1. I had no idea what ATC's were a year ago, either. I'm so glad that we've all hooked up and are now friends. Can't wait until next April when many of us will finally get together for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it funny...now when I see that word I think of all of us still going strong and sharing with each other-so great:)

      Jill

      Delete
  2. Great subject for the ATC group Jill. The summers for me here in Texas have become about the heat mostly and less about fun. I guess after 47 years I'm a bit worn out from the extreme temps. I'm really looking forward to my move to Boulder and having less severe heat in the summer time. Love the picture of your toes in the water. Best way to cool off ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann Marie. I agree the heat can make summers rough especially for you all down south. Up in Wisconsin we are joining you this summer--yesterday it was 103 here...honestly pretty rare and I am getting tired of staying inside. I can't wait for some cooler weather because I miss enjoying the outdoors. I can't wait to hear about your move to Boulder--it's going to be so beautiful especially for you who loves the outdoors!

      Jill

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post Jill! Now you make me envious about the ATC group. I'll have to look into joining you;D I LOVE ATC's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, you should join for sure! I'm surprised you aren't already--this seems like something you'd enjoy. This month's aren't due until July 20 or so!

      Jill

      Delete
  4. Beautiful ATC's! Both created by you and ones you have received :) The thing that makes summer sweet to me is drinking my morning coffee on the deck before work. Summers are short in Minnesota so I try to really appreciate those mornings I can sit outside before the hectic day starts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice you can do something relaxing before work...a great way to start the day for sure! I agree that summers are short here too being in Wisconsin so I often feel like I have to soak up every moment.

      Thanks for stopping by and sharing today:)

      Jill

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...