Monday, July 23, 2012

Goals, Dreams and Starting a Fire



It's been a few weeks since I've written a post.  We just got back from a week-long vacation "up north" as we say it in Wisconsin to Lost Lake in St. Germain.  It's beautiful, peaceful, full of trees, bald eagles and right on the water which is the best part of being there.

The day I got back I picked up a book that I had on hold from our local library called The Firestarter Sessions by Danielle Laporte.  Wow.  She's feisty, vibrant, enthusiastic, sarcastic and I'm loving her approach to creating "success on your own terms." I'm not even done reading it yet, but it sure is leaving an imprint on me.  It really feels like a fire is started under me...I've been painting with a fever for the last two days ever since I started reading it.  No way can you read this and just sit there.  Her attitude and personality really are motivating to me.  She is unconventional which is inviting because I don't feel like I have to take the "normal" route to create the life I want.  Here are a few of her statements that resonate with me and get me really moving:


"Being your true self is the most effective formula for success there is."  Hmmmm...how's that for eye-opening?!


"Your desires reflect what's truest about you."  Makes me want to focus solely on this so my true self shines through; surely this equals joy, right?

She also boldly asks:  "Would you rather be sufficient or masterful?
                                      Would you rather be bright or a freaking supernova?
                                      Would you rather be well-rounded or on your own leading edge?"

See, I told you she's feisty and motivating!  This one she quoted by Thomas Moore I'm going to share is soooooo spot on it blew me away:  "The need to be normal is the predominant anxiety in modern life."  Wow.
I hope these few words I've shared might light a little spark for you or maybe just get you thinking today.  Thanks for stopping by!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill, great to hear that you had a lovely vacation. I hope you are relaxed and refreshed!! I have the Firestarter sessions book too but I haven't opened it yet. Great to hear that its motivational and empowering. I must get started reading it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...