Saturday, March 17, 2012

Painting Swap

One of my creative friends recently asked if I'd like to do a painting swap.  I've done ATC swaps which is a lot of fun, but never a painting swap.  She said she'd love to own one of my originals which made me blush a bit.  In turn she would paint one of her lovely originals for me as well.  Here is where I'm at with the creation for her...almost done, just a few more finishing touches.  We didn't give anything really specific other than colors we like or don't like.  She did say she likes my birdie paintings, so here is the start.  It's not the best picture since I took it with my i-phone, but you get the main idea.


I'm really looking forward to receiving her painting as well because I have no idea what it's going to be and her work is beautiful!  This is a great way to own original art at an "affordable price." Not sure when we'll both be finished but I'll definitely share my gift from her too.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori--I know--I feel so lucky ever since I've "met" all of you.

      Jill

      Delete
  2. This is a good idea! My collage group is doing something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love it, and the idea of a painting swap...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill, What a lovely idea to do a swap. This is a delightful painting. Your friend is lucky to receive this! :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...