Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Every Day is the Best Day

I found this quote by Emerson, "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year" and I thought it would be perfect for my new painting/collage.


I love the message it gives because it reminds me to be grateful for this day and not keep looking to the future for my happiness.  I'll admit that I tend to get stuck in thinking about the next good thing up ahead, the weekend, the vacation, the end of the work day, summer vacation.  But this quote helps me realize that I need to see every day as the best day.  Right here, right now.  I think a lot of happiness and contentedness has passed me by in some of my ordinary moments because I kept wishing them to be different.  I hope this message gives you something to ponder and I hope it helps you love the moment, the day you are in.

2 comments:

  1. I am at this same spot too- reminding myself daily to enjoy where I am at and who I am right now ♥ Beautiful work- I love all the layers and the colors pop right off the painting at you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim--I really enjoyed creating this because of the colors I think. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes forgets to enjoy the place I'm at RIGHT NOW.

      Jill

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...