Monday, October 15, 2012

Getting Ready...Trying to Find Focus

I've been pretty busy lately getting ready for three different things that are taking place really close together...these kinds of times are when I really need to prioritize and focus.  Those of you who create know that can be hard because many of us have a few projects or paintings going on at one time so just working on one and getting all the things done for ONE event in the order they are going to happen just doesn't happen.  

This Thursday I have an event close to home called "Wine, Women and Shopping" at Shorehaven in Oconomowoc and I'm going to be showing some new items so I've been feeling a bit wacky getting them done.  I'm trying to get more art pendants, hand-painted picture frames and wood mounted prints ready as well as working on original paintings for a minis exhibit which are due in less than two weeks for an event at Artbar in Milwaukee.  
(picture frame for the silent auction at Wine, Women & Shopping)

(a few pendants made from my paintings)

(one of the minis for Artbar, Riverwest Milwaukee)

Also, I was accepted for a holiday exhibit at the Waxwing in which I've already got some work, but I need to prep a few new things as well as update my bio and inventory.  I love working on all this stuff but I find myself getting wrapped up in one thing like painting some minis and then I realize, hey THIS Thursday is the first event I have to be ready for--put that mini away!  As much as working on all of this at the same time is energizing and exciting, I will be glad when Thursday is over for sure.  I'm actually waiting for an order of cradled birch wood panels from Dick Blick which I hope come today--I need to mount some little prints, varnish them and have them dry by Thursday afternoon.  

But right now, the sun is shining so I'm going to take a walk and rejuvenate myself to do some more prep when I get back.  Have a great fall afternoon! 

5 comments:

  1. Good luck witj all this - great to have some art adventures going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martina...it is great to be busy with creating for sure! Sometimes I just wish things were spaced out a little bit more--sometimes I have no deadlines, then a bunch at the same time.

      Jill

      Delete
  2. Busy is good, but it can be hard to figure out the next thing with so many things in front of us. Today during my morning meditation, I was reminded that all I had to focus on was The Next Right Thing. One thing at a time...one step at a time. That helps me. Have fun doing your Next Right Thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, I really love what you said about doing the "next RIGHT thing" - that really helps put things into perspective for sure. Yes...so funny I've been dramatically singing to myself that OLD song "One day at a time sweet Jesus..." which is me being goofy but I really am trying to remind myself!

      Jill

      Delete
  3. Whew! You are busy! That is wonderful though. It'll keep you in a good groove and if things slow down you'll still want to create because its become a daily habit! Congrats on all these wonderful opportunities!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...