Tuesday, May 15, 2012

First Greenhouse Visit of the year - Mother's Day

What's Mother's Day without flowers, right?  Well, my hubby and daughter gave me 4 bouquets of flowers so it would look like one huge vase-full.  They really started my day sweetly, with breakfast in bed, flowers, some jewelry, dark chocolate and a massage gift certificate.


Later in the day since it was so beautiful outside we took a trip to our favorite greenhouse, Eberts in Ixonia.  It. Is. Amazing.  I've never seen such lush flowers and so many of them.


They literally have over 25 greenhouses with annuals and hanging baskets so it's over-the-top beautiful.  Here are some of the flowers I photographed while we were there on Sunday.  Now it's so great to look outside my kitchen window and see our hanging baskets of petunias and the patio pots I planted after work today.  Finally color, greenery and life after a long winter!


Thanks for visiting!  Enjoy your day.  If you have a chance stop by Lori Moon to see her post for today's May Flower Challenge that she's hosting on her blog.






3 comments:

  1. Nice start to Mother's Day! Love the flowers. Lovely pink colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that first pink flower - WOW! I am so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I love greenhouses and miss them. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...