Monday, August 15, 2011

In My Studio - What I'm Painting Right Now

I'm working on a few paintings right now as I'm sure many painters do.  I have to set each one aside for a while and work on something else until I "feel" what I should do next.  Here are a few pics of a girly canvas I'm working on.  This first picture is a start and I had to sit with it overnight to add a few more details.



The next two are with more detail and whimsy added (just two different angled shots of same one).




A few more touches to be added like some depth in the white flower and some light blue and lime green in the little purple leaves on top. 

Not sure what I'll name her yet but it'll come to me (hopefully!).

What do you think so far?  Any comments are always welcome!

Thanks for stopping by today.



11 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, I love your pretty painting, its so sweet! Love the colours too. I'm a huge fan of florals. You might like to consider adding a bit of metallic gold here and there? Thank you for adding me to your side bar. I'm really honoured!! I will add you to mine as well. Love Wini xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jill...I am just itching to get in and do some real painting every time I look at yours! I love this one! Thank you for inspiring me to want to return to painting! Paula :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea of metallic gold--that's the most recent color I've bought.

    I appreciate both of you for stopping by and "chatting"!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the colors and the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill, really pretty colours, like the green leaves, look forward to seeing some gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, Tracey and Stacey! I did add just a few touches of gold but haven't uploaded that picture yet.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jill, thanks for visiting me! I just love the flowers and the colors in your painting. Very pretty! Looks like we have the same intent to live our days to the fullest. :D So nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty, pretty! Love the colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the compliments, ladies! It makes a girl feel great!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors! These are very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this site Jill! It’s so vibrant and full of life! But now I have two questions 1) how to allow people to subscribe to my blog, and 2) how to share other people’s links on my page.
    Can you e-mail me at kmahon@stny.rr.com?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...