Thursday, June 30, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Since I'm off in the summer (because I work in a school), I am enjoying the little things like peonies in an old jar, the birds singing early in the morning and the amazing stars outside last night at 3:30 am when I took the dog out (ok this morning, not last night).  I am appreciating all the little moments of being home, so I just finished this painting titled "Home Sweet Home." 


We've been talking constantly about wanting to live on the lake soooo badly, but it's not in the cards for us now (maybe never).  But, I have to remember we do have a great home and we need to see how lucky we are instead of wishing for more and someone else.  It really is a home sweet home feeling when we're here and I need to remember that when I feel like it's not enough--because it is.  It is more than enough.  It has our personal touches and comforts which are priceless.  Doing this painting helps me remember to enjoy what we have AND enjoy each moment, not looking for another one but the one we have right now.


Of course, this painting is for sale, but if it doesn't sell--it's going to be proudly displayed on my teal shelf in the living room as a reminder of the comforts we enjoy everyday together, the three of us and our dog Mazie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...