Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Art for the New Year

The last few months I was so focused on creating Christmas art so once the holidays were over I felt a bit lost in terms of painting! I missed coming up with sweet and whimsical snowmen.

Well I'm feeling like I'm getting back in the groove of non-holiday art. It took my awhile but I think getting my first easel for Christmas helped a bit because it was a fresh way of painting for me. Sometimes something new or painting even in a different room helps kickstart things!

Here are my first two officially completed paintings is 2015.  The vibrant floral piece is called "Summer Carnival."  Flowers are always my favorite because they are colorful and uplifting and remind me of being outside during nicer weather.  Ahem...it's about 5 below here, so seeing these flowers cheers me up a bit.

The second finished piece is on wood, something I'd like to paint on more often because I'm very drawn to hand-lettered, rustic signs.  Not that this one is very rustic but I hope to do more like this.  I started not knowing what saying I wanted on here, just freely painted shapes, symbols, colors, waves. After a few ideas, I thought "Enjoy the Journey" was perfect.  It's a reminder I know I need pretty regularly when I get wrapped up in worry or pushing through to the next day (i.e. Friday) without being with the one I'm presently in.




















I hope they give you a little inspiration or a little smile.  I'm feeling good that so far my 2015 has had a good start in my personal life and in my art.  Do you have any sayings that you keep in front of you as reminders to yourself?  I'd love to hear them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill! I always love seeing your colorful art and these two are no exception. The only quote I have in my space is the "Keep Calm and Carry On" - which is good advice in many situations! I love inspiring quotes and they find their way into my art journal frequently. Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laney!

      Thanks for the sweet compliments! I agree that your quote is calming and reassuring. I love keeping an art journal with these inspiring words. Happy New Year to you too!

      Jill

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...